About Tourism and Events Queensland
Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ) is the State’s lead tourism marketing, event and experience development agency with a vision of Inspiring the world to experience the best address on earth. TEQ is committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to grow tourism and events across Queensland.
About the role
The Finance Officer processes financial transactions (AP, AR and corporate card) within Tourism and Events Queensland in a multiple foreign currency environment. The role ensures that all transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Undertake accounts functions including processing vendor and debtor invoices in multiple currencies, reconciliation of vendor and debtor accounts, performing payment runs and ensuring the integrity of the creditors and debtors ledger.
- Work closely with TEQ’s international offices to ensure payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Generate supplier payment runs ensuring adequate documentation is available to support the payments
- Review new and existing customer and supplier accounts including performing third party verifications when required
- Ensure compliance of tax requirements including domestic GST and international VAT/GST
- Provide advice to staff regarding accounts receivable, accounts payable, corporate credit card and financial policies
Skills and experience
- Tertiary degree in Business or Commerce with a major in Accounting.
- Experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders in a professional and proactive manner
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and speed
- Advance skills in the Microsoft suite of applications, in particular Excel
- Demonstrated success in providing consistent and exceptional customer service
Finance is a results and outcomes driven team which focusses on opportunities for continuous improvement in the way in which we interact with our stakeholders.
TEQ actively promotes work/life balance and is supportive of career development through a number of initiatives. In the finance team, this means having the support to learn other areas of expertise within the team.
The Finance Officer will have exceptional customer service skills and the ability to engage with staff at all levels in Tourism and Events Queensland, including with our international offices.
The role requires a high level of interpersonal and communication skills with an open, direct and diplomatic approach, and the ability to foster productive relationships with internal stakeholders and external organisations (including suppliers, customers, Internal/External Audit and financial institutions.
TEQ requires an individual with an strong attention to detail, analytical and inquisitive mind, and the ability to apply the financial policies and framework of TEQ to their everyday work and provide guidance on the same to staff.
How to apply
For further information on the requirements and responsibilities of the role please visit teq.queensland.com/careers. Please apply online and include a current resume with a one-to-two page covering letter detailing your experience and skills to the criteria above.
Applications close 15 August 2019.