Manager Financial Accounting - [Archived Advertisement]
Office of Sport (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Financial Accounting
Great opportunity for an experienced manager to lead our financial accounting team!
We are seeking a Manager Financial Accounting to join our team. This is an ongoing full-time opportunity based in our head office at Sydney Olympic Park.
We offer a competitive salary starting from $131,094 up to $151,609 per annum, plus 10% superannuation, 17.5% and leave loading.
Working with us
The Office of Sport is the lead NSW Government agency for sport and active recreation.
With a vision of sport and active recreation creating healthier people, connecting communities and making a stronger NSW, we provide the people of NSW with the leadership, policies, programs, funding and infrastructure necessary to maximise the social, health and economic benefits realised through this valued sector.
Our work is spread across NSW, with ten Sport and Recreation Centres, four Olympic Sport Venues and offices throughout the state.
Our commitment to Diversity
The Office of Sport is committed to building a workplace that values and supports diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The Office encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment process and in the workplace. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed above, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.
About the role
The Manager, Financial Accounting role manages the financial accounting functions and processes of the Office of Sport.
Reporting to the Director, you will lead and direct the financial accounting team in managing systems and processes for the preparation of the financial statements. You will manage and coordinate the production of financial statements and early close accounts for the Office of Sport and liaise with the NSW Audit Office of NSW on audits of financial statements and resolve any associated issues.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting or related field, and a member / eligible for membership of an Australian professional accounting body (e.g. CPA or CA).
- Demonstrated experience in managing the financial accounting processes required for month / year end close and the reconciliation processes.
- Ability to provide expert professional advice on the interpretation and application of existing and new accounting standards and Treasury policies and directions.
The Office of Sport is a great place to work, we offer:
- An ongoing opportunity with a competitive salary
- A family friendly and flexible working environment
- Generous leave entitlements including recreation, sick/carer’s, family and community services, and flex leave
- Access to salary packaging, fitness passport, and the Employee Assistance Program.
- Access to training and development opportunities.
How to apply
To apply for this role, you need click ‘Apply Online’ to submit your application, Job Reference No. 00008JEN.
When applying you need to:
- Provide your responses to the two pre-screening questions (maximum of 2 pages).
- Submit a cover letter highlighting how you meet the requirements of the role (maximum 2 pages).
- Provide a resume that details your previous experience (maximum of 4 pages)
Further information about “Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service” is available on I work for NSW.
The Office of Sport expects all applicants who can be safely vaccinated for COVID 19, to do so.
- Provide an example of a complex financial reporting issue that you have managed recently in the preparation of annual financial statements. Please explain the issue, key stakeholders, process used for managing the issue, and final outcome.
- Describe a finance process improvement or reform project you have led or contributed to in your previous position. What was the rationale for the change and what were the target outcomes? What was your role and how did you ensure the participation and contribution from team members?
- For further information about the role please contact Sajeev George on 02 8754 8711 or view the role description.
- The successful applicant will be subject to a National Criminal Records Check.
- No offer of employment will be made until all relevant clearances are finalised.
Applications Close: Wednesday, 20 October 2021
Thank you for your interest in this role. We look forward to receiving your application.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Oct 2021
- NSW - Sydney Olympic Park
- from $131,094 up to $151,609 per annum, plus 10% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time