The Management Accountant is a key role within Finance and Strategy, ensuring the delivery of high quality accounting and finance services, reports, advice, and information to support efficient and effective operations, and budget and financial management in alignment with the Court's strategic direction and annual business plan. Therefore, sound knowledge and application of accounting principles and standards, relevant finance legislation, regulations, policies, procedures and processes are required to be successful in this role, along with strong conceptual thinking, people management, and stakeholder engagement skills.
The Management Accountant will work proactively both individually and as part of Finance and Strategy, liaising with Court staff across the state to ensure the Court's budget and financial management requirements and obligations are met and with a focus on quality assurance and business excellence.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in accounting, finance or commerce.
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) or an equivalent accreditation.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with teams and individuals, effectively manage and give feedback on performance, and motivate and provide developmental opportunities for them to deliver at a high quality standard.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of accounting concepts and frameworks that enables sound financial management analysis and advice including the production of robust budget and accounting reports.
- Sound computing and software expertise that enables construction of complex spreadsheets and databases for data keeping and analysis.
How to Apply:
Applicants are encouraged to apply online, outlining professional skills, knowledge and personal qualities. Applications should include:
1) resume, a short covering letter and completed application form (see file attachment).
You are only required to address the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Application Form. Individual responses to "key selection criteria" listed on the Position Description are not required. Attachments can be uploaded in either Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Applicants should view the full position description attached to this advertisement before applying.
Magistrates' Court of Victoria's vision is that all employees access and enjoy the same rights, responsibilities, resources and opportunities regardless of their gender, identity or cultural beliefs. The Magistrates' Court of Victoria is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace and has zero tolerance for violence against women.