Strategic Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Icon Water Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Permanent opportunity to work for a high performing team
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Salary commencing from $128,850 plus 15% super
Our Commercial Finance team has an exciting opportunity for a strategic and analytical individual to lead the management of Icon Water’s investment in the ActewAGL Joint Venture, and initiatives related to potential acquisitions and divestments for the water and sewerage business.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a small team of professionals to provide leadership and management of Icon Water’s investment in the ActewAGL Joint Venture. This includes providing oversight of performance on a regular basis, monitoring the energy and related industries and providing robust commercial advice after extensive analysis and evaluation.
- Lead the annual renewal and management of Icon Water’s corporate insurance policies through the ongoing development of Icon Water’s relationship with its contracted insurance brokers.
- Develop business cases/plans and strategies including financial modelling, corporate structuring advice, contracting advice, strategic assessment and risk mitigation of potential acquisitions and divestments for the water and sewerage business.
- Lead the screening, evaluating, financial modelling and strategic analysis of potential M&A targets and divestments including assisting with the due diligence process and negotiations.
- Lead the development of materials to brief the Board and Executive on the team’s projects and leading the presentation of such topics as required.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Finance (or similar)
- Membership of CPA or CAANZ
- Extensive experience in a management accounting, commercial finance or consulting environment, undertaking performance reporting, in-depth financial analysis and business modelling at a senior level.
- Demonstrable experience working in the identification and realisation of business opportunities through market identification, industry research, competitor analysis, customer requirements and supplier capability assessment.
- Ability to lead and manage a small team, including the ability to motivate and influence others to deliver required outcomes.
- Experience in preparing and presenting complex business issues and information combined with the ability to engage and influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Experience in influencing and communicating at all levels of management. This includes strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus if you have
- Experience with energy utilities (electricity and gas)
If you are keen in taking up this exciting opportunity, please apply via our online recruitment portal. Please submit your resume and a maximum two-page cover letter demonstrating how you meet the qualifications, skills and experience needed to be successful in this role.
For more information, please contact Leanne Brooker, Manager Commercial Finance via email Leanne.Brooker@iconwater.com.au OR call 02 6180 6288.
If you need assistance with the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 5 June 2022
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Jun 2022
- ACT - Canberra
- Starting from $128,850 plus 15% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Account and Relationship Management
Analysis and Reporting
Assets and Infrastructure
Banking - Business
Banking - Corporate and Institutional
Investment Banking & Corporate Finance
Public Financial Management (PFM).