We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities.
WaterNSW is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join our Financial Controls team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient processing of vendor invoices for accounts payable and the payment of WaterNSW’s creditors. Provide advice for WaterNSW Accounts Payable processes and procedures. Maintenance and administration of WaterNSW purchase cards.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Provide high quality Accounts Payable processing and support
- Understanding of WaterNSW Accounts Payable systems, standards, policies and procedures
- Maintain highly efficient, accurate, professional and timely communication with external and internal customers & stakeholders
- Respond to accounts payable incoming correspondence and enquiries received by phone, mail and email
- Ensuring the accurate processing of invoices
- Ensure WaterNSW compliance with audit processes, GST and tax legislation
- Support administration of the expense management processes
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Experience in a similar role (at least 2 years)
- Ability to develop relationships with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Accurate data entry
- Demonstrated understanding of GST and tax legislation
- Dynamics365 experience – desirable
- Experience in supporting routine upgrades and maintenance to finance system including participating in UAT - desirable
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Attractive remuneration package, including performance bonus
- A flexible, family friendly workplace
- Flexible location (Dubbo/Parramatta)
- Flexible work arrangements (9 day fortnight & work from home options)
- Excellent opportunity to grow in a high profile organisation and role
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such, full vaccination against COVID-19 will be a condition of entry to all our workplaces. All applicants will need to meet this condition.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National Police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au and the Position Description can be accessed here.
All applications must be lodged via an online application below - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 31 May 2022.