About the Role
- Trusted technical expert and advisor on business intelligence and visual analytics products to business users and senior management
- Influence data analytics capability development at AFSA and within Federal Government
- Work as part of a small, high performing team that makes a big impact across AFSA
About the Role
The Enterprise Data Warehouse Developer will provide trusted advice on business intelligence and visual analytics. The Developer will work as part of a small business intelligence and reporting team to deliver quality self-service data and visual analytics products to AFSA’s business areas, supporting the achievement of strategic objectives set out in AFSA’s ICT Strategy 2017-2020 and Data Strategy 2020. The team plays a critical role in data literacy, visualisation and analytics capability development across the agency, supporting evidence-based decision-making and risk-based regulatory work.
These are critical roles for AFSA as they:
- provide technical expertise in a business critical function
- support effective and efficient service delivery through enhanced data analysis and evidence-based decision making
**The role is based in Canberra and relocation assistance and support will be provided to the successful applicant(s).**
Learn more about living and working in Canberra from the dedicated ACT Government page, and discover what Canberra has to offer and why it was named third best city in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2018 list.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- demonstrated experience using or implementing data visualisation software (Tableau would be preferable)
- experience using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence product suite
- knowledge of and experience with dimensional modelling (Kimball Methodology)
- exceptional communication and analytical skills, with a track record of successfully communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- high level stakeholder liaison and advisory skills
- relevant ICT or data/ business analytics qualifications and professional experience
The successful applicants will be supported to undertake professional and career development with a range of tools available including Australian Computer Society (ACS) membership, access to technical training and certifications, and membership of relevant Government communities of practice or user groups.
AFSA supports a family-friendly work environment with on-site childcare and parenting facilities, and access to a range of facilities and activities to support wellbeing.
AFSA actively promotes workplace flexibility, with various working options to support your family commitments and personal interests.
Applications close Monday 11 February, 2019.