Technical Lead Security Operations - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Technical Lead Security Operations
About the Role
We are seeking an ICT professional to join the team that is responsible for the design, administration and support of Security Operations software within AFSA. The role will focus on supporting the business of AFSA by working collaboratively with the policy side of IT Security to align the organisation’s security goals and obligations with current or future IT Security policies.
This position will be part of a multi-disciplinary ICT Infrastructure team, and work closely with colleagues within the ICT Services Division as well as key stakeholders and vendors as required. They will also help build and maintain a strong client focussed ICT service culture to support AFSA’s business operations.
Key functions of the role include:
- Creation and maintenance of IT Security related dashboards, reports and briefs
- Design administration and support of Security Operations software – Splunk, Alienvault, Syslog, Email Security appliances, Web security appliances
- Lead the implementation and ongoing compliance activities related to ‘Top 4”/Essential 8
- Document and promote existing operational and new ICT services, processes and procedures to support the management of deployed systems
- Develop and deliver information (written and verbally) on Enterprise server best practices to key stakeholders
To be successful in the role, you will understand the role that IT Security plays in the broader field of ICT. You will be a team player with strong communication skills, particularly the ability to clearly articulate security related concepts, outcomes and reports to a diverse audience.
Experience and Qualifications
- Fundamental knowledge of Midrange, Networking and related core Infrastructure devices such as firewalls, switches, routers, Active Directory, AD Group Policy, authentication protocols, email security devices, Linux Servers, Windows Servers, virtualisation.
You will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment, flexibility to balance work and personal life, and professional growth.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, peoples from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
We value employee commitment and contribution and we provide a working environment that supports staff to reach their full potential.
Applications close Thursday 27 June, 2019
- Closing Date:
- 27 Jun 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time