The Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) is an executive agency in the Attorney General’s portfolio. As a federal government department we are responsible for the administration and regulation of the personal insolvency system, trustee services and the administration of the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR). We support the flow of capital into the Australian economy and promote transparency and predictability of outcomes within the financial sector.
About the Role
As a Case Manager you will manage the administration of bankrupt estates in accordance with the Bankruptcy Act 1966, including investigation of the financial affairs of a bankrupt estate, realising estate assets for the benefit of creditors, and referring potential bankruptcy offences for investigation and prosecution. Your ability to manage a case file load of complex matters that involve interpretation and application of legislation will see you succeed in this role. This role provides you with a unique opportunity to engage with diverse stakeholders and demonstrate your research and problem solving skills to achieve beneficial outcomes for creditors.
- Demonstrated experience and passion for achieving excellent case management outcomes
- A lateral thinker with a solutions focussed approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively engage with diverse stakeholders
- Results focused, empathic and pragmatic approach to work, including client and stakeholder interactions
- You will be provided with the opportunity to be part of a high performing team passionate about delivering value to our clients and stakeholders to support sustainable financial outcomes within the Australian economy.
- You will be set up to succeed through ongoing professional development, and opportunities to network and share knowledge across the Australian Public Service. This knowledge will be developed through participation in interesting projects and industry forums.
- AFSA values diversity and employee wellbeing, and fosters an environment where different perspectives and capabilities are recognised.
- As a member of the AFSA team you will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment.
- AFSA is a CPA Australia Recognised Employer Partner, and a member of ARITA.
AFSA actively promotes workplace flexibility with various working options to support your family commitments and personal interests.
Applications close Sunday, 15 September, 2019