About the Role
The Enterprise Data Warehouse Developer will provide trusted advice on business intelligence and visual analytics. The Developer will work as part of a small business intelligence and reporting team to deliver quality self-service data and visual analytics products to AFSA’s business areas, supporting the achievement of strategic objectives set out in AFSA’s ICT Strategy 2017-2020 and Data Strategy 2020.
The team plays a critical role in data literacy, visualisation and analytics capability development across the agency, supporting evidence-based decision-making and risk-based regulatory work. These are critical roles for AFSA as they:
- Provide technical expertise in a business critical function.
- Support effective and efficient service delivery through enhanced data analysis and evidence-based decision making.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience using or implementing data visualisation software (Tableau would be preferable);
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence product suite;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, dimensional modelling (Kimball Methodology);
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills, with a track record of successfully communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
AFSA is an executive agency in the Attorney-General’s portfolio. We are responsible for Australia’s personal insolvency and personal property securities systems, which provide Australian consumers and business with enhanced financial risk management, investor confidence and enhanced access to finances. We support this through our expert trustee and registry services, and risk-based regulation—ensuring our systems operate in a reliable manner with predictable outcomes and facilitate financial decision-making in the Australian economy.
You will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment, flexibility to balance work and personal life, and professional growth.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, peoples from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
We value employee commitment and contribution and we provide a working environment that supports staff to reach their full potential.