AFSA is an executive agency in the Attorney-General’s portfolio. We are responsible for Australia’s personal insolvency and personal property securities systems, which provide Australian consumers and business with enhanced financial risk management, investor confidence and enhanced access to finances. We support this through our expert trustee and registry services, and risk-based regulation—ensuring our systems operate in a reliable manner with predictable outcomes and facilitate financial decision-making in the Australian economy.
About the Role
The Windows and VM Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary ICT Infrastructure team, and work closely with colleagues within the ICT Services Division as well as key stakeholders and vendors as required. They will also help build and maintain a strong client focussed ICT service culture to support AFSA’s business operations
We are seeking an ICT professional to join the team that will lead the development of Windows platforms in line with accepted methodology and whole of government requirements.
To be successful in the role, you will understand the role that a Windows Engineer plays in the broader field of ICT. You will have proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and environment of collaboration and change, highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, particularly the ability to influence stakeholders and present technical matters to non-technical clients/staff.
As the technical specialist, you will:
- Maintain the effective day to day operations of AFSA’s Windows Server capabilities (including support for Microsoft Exchange)
- Ensure that security systems are maintained in accordance with Top 4/ Essential 8 security requirements
- Support system monitoring requirements and thresholds as well as corrective actions
- Apply robust, secure and supportable solutions to identified issues and risks in conjunction with the greater infrastructure team
- Assist with the documentation of all existing operational and new ICT services, processes and procedures to support the management of deployed systems
- Interact with vendors in relation to incidents, problems, solutions and ongoing support arrangements when necessary
- Contribute to the delivery of enterprise technical solutions for projects and business as usual requirements
- Provide information on enterprise server best practices to key stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications:
- Administration and support of the core Microsoft Midrange Infrastructure Services stack – Microsoft Server 2012 R2, 2016 R2, Active Directory.
- Administration and support of supporting Microsoft stack technologies – Exchange, Skype, SCOM, SCCM, AD Group Policy.
- Administration and support of VMware vSphere – Vmware ESXi, vCenter, vRealize Suite.
- Working networking knowledge – DNS, DHCP, WINS, IP Routing, IPv4/6, etc.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, particularly the ability to influence stakeholders and present technical matters to non-technical clients/staff.
- Technical documentation writing skills, particularly the ability to clearly define high-level and detailed system design.
You will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment, flexibility to balance work and personal life, and professional growth.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, peoples from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
We value employee commitment and contribution and we provide a working environment that supports staff to reach their full potential.