APS Level 6, Database & Systems Administrator - [Archived Advertisement]
Department of Treasury (View other jobs from this organisation)
APS Level 6, Database & Systems Administrator
About the Role
It is an exciting time for Database administrators at the Treasury as we begin our migration to the cloud. You’ll be part of a close-knit team as we start at the ground floor with our new cloud environment. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from experienced cloud architects and you’ll get your hands dirty as we investigate the many different data tools and SQL flavours the Azure cloud has to offer.
We are looking for a team player and motivated individual to join the Database and Corporate Systems Administration team as part of the Integrations unit. As part of the small DBA team, you will get to engage with a range of stakeholders and work with various systems across the department. We offer you a great career opportunity as you deliver solutions to business problems leveraging on-prem and Cloud technologies. We will provide training, support and mentorships to develop and grow your skills.
Cultural fit is important for the Integration unit. You’ll have the opportunity to work with application developers and the SharePoint team as we cross skill many of our staff. We’re after someone who is self-motivated and positive and who will contribute to the integration unit’s role in implementing the Treasury’s strategic plan.
What you will do
- Administer and manage Treasury’s Microsoft SQL Server instances including highly available clusters
- Contribute to the development and implementation of our BAU processes in the cloud
- Monitor support queues for BAU work
- Support and upgrade database components of key corporate systems including Aurion, SAS, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Collaborate with internal support teams and vendors to deliver outcomes that meet the business needs
Skills / Experience
- Demonstrated skills in configuration and administration of Microsoft SQL Server, including Integration and Analysis Services with SQL Server Management Studio and Transact SQL (T-SQL).
- Experience in monitoring health and performance of Microsoft SQL Server instances to proactively identify and resolve critical events to ensure high availability, performance and security compliance.
- Experience in troubleshooting database related issues and outages.
Demonstrated excellent communication skills, and ability to maintain close, positive working relationships with other support teams and service providers.
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT or a related field and/or equivalent experience as a database administrator (2+ years).
- PowerShell scripting expertise.
- Coding skills in ASP.NET, MVC
- Knowledge of SharePoint
- Knowledge of SAS
How to apply
If this sounds like you, click Apply Now for further information about the role.
Applications close 11:30pm, Sunday 24 October 2021, AEDT.
- Closing Date:
- 24 Oct 2021
- ACT - Canberra
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6