Full Time 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Salary Range $120,000 – $130,000 PLUS superannuation (up to 15.25%), private use of a vehicle, phone allowance, and professional development.
The City of Busselton is seeking a dynamic and proactive individual to join our team.
We’re looking for a great communicator and straightforward operator who can both manage a budget of $135 million, and inspire a busy team of 16 staff. This team is dedicated to developing and managing the financial reporting, compliance and accounting functions of the City in the context of corporate goals, policies and programs, and for the provision of professional advice to management and Council in relation to financial matters.
What we can offer you is an unparalleled lifestyle in picturesque South West WA, a progressive and supportive work environment, a competitive salary with extensive employee benefits, and the chance to be part of one of the most exciting and fastest growing Local Governments in the State.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a highly experienced financial specialist with strong management experience. We’re looking forward to welcoming someone with the skills and the passion to mentor, develop and encourage team work – someone who will help us imbed a culture of high-performance, and has the necessary skills to ensure the City is fiscally responsible.
Applicants must include a statement addressing the below listed essential selection criteria to be considered:
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation, accounting standards and processes applicable to the financial operations of a medium sized public sector organisation;
- Demonstrated experience in a Local Government financial management role;
- Substantial demonstrated experience in managing staff at a management level;
- Highly developed ability to write and present financial reports to Senior Management;
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and conceptual skills;
- A high level of internal and external customer service ethic.
The successful applicant must also hold a hold a current “C” class driver’s licence.
If you feel you are a suitable person for this role, please visit www.busselton.wa.gov.au for position details, closing date and to apply. Please ensure you attach a statement addressing the above listed selection criteria, a current resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role. Please contact Human Resources on (08) 9781 1727 with any queries.
Applications close 16:30 Sunday 5th May 2019.