Chief Financial Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness (SUSF) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Chief Financial Officer
About the business
Sydney Uni Sport & Fitness (SUSF) is a dynamic and enterprising sporting organisation that provides sport, fitness and recreation services to The University of Sydney's students and staff and to the general community. It caters for elite and participation athletes and prides itself on its range and diversity of services, staff, facilities and stakeholders.
The organisation's 15,000 members, 450+ staff, 40 clubs and 400 elite athletes give rise to a complex and broad range of services from fitness facilities, University sporting programs, community and education programs, club support, elite athlete support as well as philanthropy and alumni engagement.
About the role
This position is responsible for all aspects of the financial services as well as the payroll function for Sydney University Sport and Fitness. This position leads and ensures the end-to-end delivery of all aspects of the financial and payroll services, including the provision of effective financial advice, expertise and support to Chief Executive Officer, senior management, University of Sydney Sport Foundation (USSF), governance committees, the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee and the Board of Directors.
The incumbent is required to develop an understanding of and utilise both, SUSF's systems and the University of Sydney/USSF systems as well as their respective policies, regulations, processes and procedures. The role leads all aspects of the financial services and the payroll services for SUSF and USSF ensuring operational excellence and provides advice to drive financial results and commercial efficiencies and to deliver sustainable and profitable outcomes and drive continuous improvement in systems, process and reporting.
- Responsible for operational management of the finance and payroll function; including provision of financial advice for operational and strategic decision making to the Chief Executive Officer, senior SUSF management, the University of Sydney Sport Foundation, and governance committees.
- Manage the payroll, fixed assets, accounts payable and receivables functions for SUSF and its constituent clubs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the effective and efficient delivery of financial services to SUSF, constituent clubs, and USSF.
- Management oversight and development of SUSF finance staff.
- Financial Reporting; manage day to day management and financial accounting reporting requirements and obligations.
- Insurance Portfolio Management; ensuring that SUSF and its constituent clubs are covered by the appropriate insurance policies.
- Taxation management, Investment management, Fleet Management.
- Other duties as directed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified in Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Business and a membership of a recognised professional accounting body.
- Highly developed organisational, analytical and financial skills and commercial acumen.
- Team player, committed to working and behaving in a manner that benefits the team.
- A calm demeanour with the ability to remain focused in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff.
- Proactive and collaborative.
- Demonstrated senior relationship management skills including ability to influence, negotiate and build productive relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Multi-disciplined financial generalist with a good understanding of corporate finance, legal, finance IT systems and risk management and insurance.
- At least 10 years' experience in a financial management role, including management of staff, budgets, reporting and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse, interpret and integrate complex business and financial data and provide strategic direction and analysis to senior management.
- Extensive experience in financial management and reporting in an organisation of medium to large size and complexity.
- Strong understanding of corporate governance and compliance requirements.
- Experience developing reports for various stakeholder groups on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to support an environment undergoing considerable change identifying recommendations for improved.
- Knowledge of and experience in using large enterprise wide financial packages such as PeopleSoft and business performance management reporting systems such as Hyperion.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining your experience and achievements, to email@example.com.
Remuneration for this role will be commensurate with the successful candidates skills and experience.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, interviews for this role may be conducted via video conferencing.
Company Annual and Financial Reports can be viewed on the SUSF website, at:
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Analysis and Reporting
Chief Financial Officer