Manager, Commercial and Insurance
- Ongoing, full-time
- $120,240 plus 15% superannuation
- Canberra Location
ActewAGL are an electricity, gas and solar retailer proudly based in the nation’s capital. For more than 100 years we’ve been an active part of the community and our customers enjoy among the cheapest electricity prices in the country. We’ve built a special relationship with the region we serve, getting behind local teams, charities and community events.
We boast a positive safety culture that encourages and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans. And as the world around us continually changes, we’re exploring innovative energy solutions to help our customers take control of their energy solutions.
We offer generous salary and benefits including competitive pay, subsidised gym memberships, growth through leadership and professional development programs, staff rewards, recognition programs and much more...
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
We are looking for a Manager, Commercial & Insurance to provide commercial support to the Corporate Services division including commercial analysis, contract management and the development and implementation of business solutions.
You'll need to have a knack for strong communication and the ability to build positive relationships and influence at all levels. You'll be a commercial whizz and enjoy working across a diverse portfolio.
If you love motivating change and working in a fast-paced environment, it's a great time to join ActewAGL.
About the role
- As the go-to commercial expert, you will be providing commercial support to procurement activities, contract development, negotiation and ongoing contract management
- As a sounding board for decision-making, you will be reviewing material business cases and evaluations including new business initiatives, external business proposals, capital expenditure and quotations for contracts
- You will manage ActewAGL's insurance program to ensure the business has prudent and cost effective insurance policies in place.
- You are an expert in all things commerce, with experience in a dynamic and complex environment
- You hold a tertiary qualification in business or commerce - even better if you have or are working towards your CPA or CA
- You have an analytical mindset and enjoy working with large amounts of data sets to provide advice on existing and new projects for financial and commercial soundness
About the application process
You should submit your cover letter and resume through our e-Recruitment portal outlining your key skills and experiences by addressing the 'about you' selection criteria.
Do you have questions? Are you excited to learn more?
You can contact Sean Rooney, Head Commercial Services on (02) 6248 3838.
Applications will close on 26 May 2019.
Are you thinking about the move to Canberra?
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an extraordinary location for adventure.
Canberra boasts a great food and wine culture and is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.