- Exciting leadership opportunity!
- Excellent Remuneration & Benefits
- Ongoing, Full-Time role based in Canberra CBD
ActewAGL are seeking to appoint a Group Manager to our Economic Regulation division. Reporting to the General Manager Economic Regulation, you will provide regulatory, financial and strategic advice on economic regulation matters for energy, water and sewerage in the ACT and surrounding region.
As the Group Manager, you will provide leadership to a highly experienced team whilst assisting the business units of ActewAGL and Icon Water optimise financial performance in a regulatory environment. You will develop policy, maintain relationships with regulatory authorities and have an excellent understanding of the relevant laws, rules and guidelines of which we operate in.
- Prepare and position the business for regulatory reviews of the medium-term price path by providing high level strategic and tactical advice in the areas of economic regulation, costing, regulated pricing, financial and statistical matters.
- Own and manage regulatory financial models and use them to assist the business improve its financial performance.
- Oversight, review, co-ordinate, collate and prepare financial data and information sought by economic regulators including the modelling and interpretation of regulatory scenarios.
- Lead and manage the development of regulatory policy to build and enhance the long term commercial outcomes of ActewAGL.
- Lead presentations and represent ActewAGL at relevant committees established by industry bodies.
- Build a strong regulatory capability by developing staff, interface with the business units, liaison with partner entities and maintaining relationships.
You will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Economics, Commerce, Finance or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in provision of high level policy and strategic advice at an executive level coupled with excellent communication skills.
- Detailed understanding of economic regulation, preferably in the energy and/or water industries as well as the related economic, financial, policy and legal issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with computer modelling exercises, particularly with regards to regulatory financial modelling and analysis.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience.
ActewAGL Distribution owns the electricity network in the ACT and the gas network in the ACT and some surrounding regions (including Nowra), operating under the business name “Evoenergy”.
Our Retail business provides competitive electricity and gas services, and as the world continually changes, we’re exploring innovative energy solutions to help our customers to take control of their needs.
We also provide corporate services and support to the ActewAGL group of businesses and Icon Water. For more than 100 years ActewAGL and its predecessors have been an active part of the community.
The Application process
Does this sound like a leadership opportunity for you? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience and capabilities you can bring to the role. We encourage you to address the selection criteria to help us understand how you can contribute to the team.
Applications close COB 14 July 2020. To learn more about this opening we urge you to contact Phil Deamer, Acting General Manager Economic Regulation on 0476 805 292. If you have any questions on our Application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.â€‹