New appointments to Takeovers Panel
Six new members have been appointed to the Takeovers Panel, which provides a mechanism for peer review of takeovers activity.
The functions and powers of the Panel are conferred by the Corporations Act 2001 and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001.
The new members of the panel are:
- Mrs Julie McPherson, Senior Vice President Legal, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary of Amcor;
- Ms Stephanie Daveson, partner with Corrs Chambers;
- Mr Robin Bishop, Executive Director and head of Macquarie Capital's Industrials Group;
- Mr John Humphrey, Partner in the Brisbane office of Mallesons Stephen Jacques;
- Mr Tony Osmond, Investment Banker at Citibank, Head of Investment Banking for Australia and New Zealand.
- Mr John Story, formerly a partner of Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Chairman of Tabcorp Holdings Limited, Chairman of Suncorp-Metway Ltd and a Director of CSR Limited, Chancellor of the University of Queensland and a Commissioner of the Public Service Commission (Queensland).
Eleven existing members of the panel have been reappointed, all appointments taking effect until 7 March 2014. The panel now has a President and 52 members, all of whom are appointed on a part-time basis.