Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
Queensland Rail have a rare opportunity for an experienced Accounts Receivable professional to join our small but effective Accounts Receivable team within our Finance Services business area.
This role is to provide efficient and effective management of Queensland Rail's customer accounts by maximising Queensland Rail's cash flow and minimising Queensland Rail's exposure to bad debts losses. This will be achieved by delivering strategies to ensure that financial risk is managed, commercial business needs are satisfied, and a high quality customer service standard is maintained.
As an expert in your field, you will also have developed strong commercial acumen and an ability to build successful partnerships with key stakeholders. This role is all encompassing and will require a hands on approach to the day to day duties and responsibilities in order to deliver outcomes.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate SAP R3 Accounts Receivable experience, and related credit management systems.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Current Accounts Receivable experience, incorporating accounting and credit management procedures
- Active and collaborative engagement across various multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail
- Contribute to continuous process improvements
- Ability to prioritise workload to achieve agreed timeframes and deliverables
Starting salary: $82,822 + super + rail pass (home & duty)
This position is not without its challenges, your ability to remain calm in an often intense, and fast paced environment along with your exceptional stakeholder communication skills and ability to prioritise and manage your time will ensure your success in this role.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Senior Accounts Receivable Officer (1595) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm Wednesday 22 September 2021
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Kristy Jordan with your specific enquiry on 1800 115 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.