Rates Team Leader - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Rates Team Leader
Division: CHIEF FINANCE OFFICE
Salary: AUD 100,072.00 - $113,731.00 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
The City of Sydney is one of Australia’s premier Councils. Our local Government area covers approximately 26 square kilometres within the Sydney metropolitan area and is responsible for the commercial, financial and cultural hub of the greater Sydney area.
We are seeking an exceptional Rates Team Leader to join our CFO team. You will work in an organisation that values results, professional growth and service delivery.
As a senior member of the team, you will have the opportunity to use your professional expertise and technical competence to lead the Rates function, which has responsibility for generating annual revenues that exceed $300M.
You will ensure that property and rating information is accurate and up to date and that rates and charges are levied in line with legislation, maximising income through effective, efficient and knowledgeable practice.
You will facilitate employee development, create a positive and enthusiastic environment that promotes innovation, high performance and productivity.
To be suited to this role you will have:
- extensive experience in a similar position within Local Government
- demonstrated detailed knowledge of rating provisions in Local Government and related relevant Acts
- experience processing and reconciling supplementary valuations, accounting for changes according to legislated provisions to ensure compliance with permissible income requirements
- experience determining categorisation of land for rating purpose and applications for rate exemptions
- demonstrated ability to effectively manage and analyse large volumes of data to make recommendations on complex rating issues
- proven people management with leadership capabilities to nurture a team’s development and cohesiveness
- high level interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating influence and adaptability to differing environments and audiences
- proven skills in defining and communicating work targets, priorities and ensuring that work is in accordance with performance standards and measures.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. This role will require a criminal check.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by Sunday 29 October 2017.
For further information contact: Suzi Flynn, Revenue Manager on 02 9265 9796 or Amit Anand, Rates & Receivable Manager on 9246 7256.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Closing Date:
- 29 Oct 2017
- NSW - Sydney
- $100,072.00 - $113,731.00 per annum plus Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Public Financial Management (PFM).