IT Project Lead
Reserve Bank of Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
IT Project Lead
RBA have a great career opportunity to work on critical national infrastructure. We are currently looking for someone with demonstrated experience in managing Projects within IT in the Financial Services industry for a 2 Year Fixed Term salaried contract.
In this role you'll develop robust and achievable project plans to manage the migration of Reserve Bank Information and Transfer System to a new solution.
To achieve this you will:
- Apply a structured project management approach and methodology, ensuring adherence to internal frameworks, processes, and practices to effectively manage all aspects of the project.
- Manage internal and external relationships, communicating and collaborating effectively with key stakeholders to successfully deliver change.
- Oversee procurement and vendor management to ensure delivery to agreed objective, project benefits, compliance and value for money
- Identify and respond to issues, risks and opportunities, supporting the team to deliver agreed project outcomes.
- Communicate project progress, challenges, dependencies, risks, issues, exceptions to the relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
- Organise project teams, assigning individual responsibilities and monitoring progress.
Skills and Experience:
Project Management Frameworks: Use project management methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, or a hybrid approach, depending on the project's needs. Assist with the creation of detailed project plans, set milestones, and manage project timelines effectively.
Risk Management: Develop risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
Technical Understanding: While not necessarily hands-on, having a basic technical understanding of Networking, Firewalls, Traffic management, Applications, Infrastructure, Automation, Virtual Machines and Payment systems desirable.
Vendor Management: Strong vendor management skills.
Stakeholder Communication: Effective communication is vital, especially when dealing with certificate issuance and revocation processes that may affect various teams and departments within an organization.
Working for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the people of Australia, we can offer development and career opportunities in a collaborative environment that supports your growth, wellbeing and promotes flexibility. Your individual growth and success drives the Bank forward as an organisation. Be more means you can do more, for yourself and for Australia.
Through the pursuit of national economic policy objectives and associated activities in financial markets and banking, the RBA makes an important contribution to the Australian economy. We also issue Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system, all of which contribute to the welfare of the Australian people.
Made up of specialists across a wide range of fields, our people have a critical role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting capacity. As a values driven organisation, our people conduct themselves with a high degree of integrity, while striving for excellence in the work they perform and the outcomes they achieve. We encourage intelligent inquiry and we treat one another with respect, while promoting the public interest through our efforts.
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.
Few places give you the balance of professional challenge and a management culture that not only supports but encourages you to live a full life outside of work and be more.
Application Close: January 06, 2024
- Closing Date:
- 06 Jan 2024
- NSW - Baulkham Hills
- Work Type: