An opportunity is now available for an experienced professional in supporting Banyule’s Audit and Risk Advisory Committee as the Audit Support Officer.
The Audit Officer supports the effective delivery of the audit function. The successful applicant will also raise awareness of the internal audit function and oversee and support the timely resolution of management actions arising from the internal audit reports.
The role sits in the Governance and Communication Department which focuses on Council’s adherence to general legislative & corporate compliance.
The Audit Support Officer role will suit a professional with a background in Internal Audit, Finance or Risk. As the Audit Support Officer you will be responsible for the effective delivery of the audit function, coordination and support of the Audit and Risk Advisory Committee.
About the role
- Provide high quality secretariat services to the Council's Audit & Risk Advisory Committee
- Champion the audit process, raising awareness of the Internal Audit functions and responsibilities within Council
- Coordinate self-assessment reports for consideration by the Audit & Risk Advisory Committee based on findings from integrity and oversight agencies
- Work closely with internal stakeholders – Directors, Managers, Finance, Procurement and Risk Officers to develop and deliver the annual audit program
- Liaise with departments to proactively assist in the completion of management action plans with respect to audit and review findings
You will have
- An understanding of Internal Audit and an Audit Committee environment
- Experience and ability to administer a complex program of delivery with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent organisational, time management skills and the ability to work with changing priorities
- Initiative, independence and ability to work in a team
Staff choose to align their career with Banyule because of our values of Working Together Working Better, career and professional development opportunities and the way we work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
- Salary range $84,825.51 to $92,220.59 pro rata plus super
- Permanent part time - 24 hours per week
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible work arrangements
- Greensborough office
For more information about this exciting opportunity, please access a copy of the position description via the link below. For a further confidential discussion, we encourage you to contact Tiziana McKenzie Executive Assistant Project Officer Tel: 9490 4396
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 24 November 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.