Records Management Officer (2 Positions Available)
Salary Range: $49,877.83 - $62,060.81 per annum (pro-rata for Part Time position)
Location: 119-145 Spence Street, Cairns
Reference Number: 12838
Close Date: Sunday 19th May 2019
There are 2x positions available – 1x Full-Time permanent and 1 Part-Time Temporary 2 Year Fixed-Term
We are currently seeking 2 motivated and experienced Records Management Officers to join our friendly team within our Finance Department.
Primary Objective of the position:
- Provide reliable and effective records management services to customers in a culture of continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Demonstrated experience in the management of records in various formats and media within a complex organisation.
- Detailed knowledge or experience of electronic records management systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Public Records Act 2002, the Records Governance Policy.
Candidates with a working knowledge and understanding of the Right to Information Act 2009 and Information Privacy Act 2009 will be highly regarded.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria please ensure you obtain a copy of the information kit and how to apply by scrolling to the Position Description area, then clicking on "Open" to download the attachment.
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following assessments/checks:
- Preâ€‘employment functional medical assessment, which will include a drug and alcohol test.
- National Police/Criminal History Check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification/Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to Work Visa
We off the following benefits:
- 19 day month (for Full Time position only)
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Up to 3 weeks sick leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Subsidised Corporate Uniform
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym/swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development relevant to the position