Position No: C33018
Salary: $66,956 per annum
Permanent, Full-time (19 day month)
Applications Close: Wednesday 3 April 2019 at noon
Contact: Michael O’Riordan on 8470 8452
We are seeking a motivated assistant accountant to join our dynamic, energetic and innovative finance team. The successful applicant will be responsible for a wide range of finance services including financial reporting, analysis and interpretation of results, preparation of annual financial statements and exposure to taxation issues whilst working under the guidance of senior management and financial accountants.
The successful applicant will possess:
• A tertiary qualification in Accounting (or related discipline)
• Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience in financial management practices
• Knowledge of taxation legislation and in particular BAS and FBT related issues
• Ability to cooperate and collaborate
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage time, set priorities and achieve planned objectives
Apply online at www.darebin.vic.gov.au or forward hard copy applications to: Manager People and Development, Darebin City Council, PO Box 91, PRESTON VIC 3072.
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed in the position description will not be considered. Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, membership in an employee organisation. We are committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.