Heritage Bank has been in the business of helping people, just like you, achieve their financial goals for the past 145 years and we are proud of our status as a member-owned bank. We remain focused on providing our members with personalised banking and great value on products through exceptional customised service. We are passionate about helping people which defines the way we do business, with our members and our team members.
As a result of an internal career opportunity, we are seeking an experienced Human Resources professional to take a lead role in our HR Operations team. Reporting to the Head of HR Operations, you will work with a team of 7 HR Advisors in a business partnership model to support our team member base of 800+ across diverse geographical locations in QLD, NSW and VIC. As the Senior HR BP you will play a key role in strengthening the partnership capability of the team through coaching and development, and building relationships with key stakeholders in the business.
The HR Operations function is supported by a team of specialist roles and functions including Employee Relations, Learning and Development, Talent and Diversity, Risk and Organisational Change Management, WHS and Payroll who work collaboratively to deliver and enhance the HR service experience.
The role is responsible for:
- The ongoing delivery of robust, risk mitigated operational HR support and advice to the business, inclusive of the oversight of employee relations and disciplinary matters
- Development of strong relationships with key stakeholders and assist in establishing operating rhythms for Business Partnerships
- Development and enhancement of HR policies, processes and associated systems in line with legislative requirements
- Identifying, managing and implementing HR projects and/or initiatives to improve the team member experience.
- Managing compliance in line with policy, audits, awards and legislation
- Building the capability of the HR Operations team across the employee life cycle through, effective coaching and development
To be considered for this opportunity you will be:
- Tertiary qualified in HR or a related field
- A hands on enthusiastic and passionate HR professional who is excited by the opportunity to make a positive impact
- Experienced in a similar senior HR operations role with a diverse generalist background preferably in a large corporate, customer centric organisation
- Experienced in case management, inclusive of conduct and performance
- Able to balance a number of competing priorities between strategic projects and operational delivery
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Experienced in working with business leaders to influence and guide their decision-making processes
- A team player that operates in a flexible manner in a team environment, with a preference towards being proactive and practical with a down to earth working style
- Able to solve problems with a commercial, customer centric orientation and apply your exceptional communication, planning, time management and prioritisation skills.
Our Head Office and Human Resources team are based in Toowoomba. Toowoomba is a vibrant regional city only 1.5hrs from Brisbane CBD. Heritage recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion and encourages flexible work practices to ensure our team members have the balance they need to achieve their professional and personal best.
Heritage offers an extensive range of employee benefits including discounts on team and family banking products.
To be considered for this opportunity to join Heritage and make a difference please submit your application by 5 pm Friday 29th May 2020.