As one of the largest Finance functions in Corporate Australia we provide opportunities across Corporate Finance, Shared Services, Commercial Finance, Capital Management, Financial Control, Operations Finance, Project Finance, M&A and Strategy and Planning.
We operate in a fast paced, nimble environment with professionals who work collaboratively to achieve market leading outcomes. Our point of difference is that we are part of Australia’s largest retailer allowing us to provide unparalleled career opportunities. The Woolworths Finance team is positioned to support change and continuous improvement across the business whilst continually focusing on providing excellent customer experiences to key stakeholders
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a Finance Manager - Capital & Insights to join our Format Development finance team - the strategic, analytical, data-driven powerhouse that embraces digitisation and drives performance, thereby adding value throughout the business.
Reporting to the Head of Finance & leading a team of 8 direct and indirect reports, you will be primarily responsible for:
End to end renewal process from store selection and renewal strategy, capital business casing and assessment, funding, initial performance of a store after recently renewed, and subsequent insights to influence the program going forward.
Ensuring appropriate capital deployment and good returns are being realised across the program at all stages and leading and supporting a team in their business partnering to support these objectives.
You are currently a successful strategic & business partnering Finance Manager who is looking to take on an exciting challenge to work within an agile & high-performing culture.
You maintain an agenda of thinking end to end throughout the investment and format development program (e.g. from store selection to post implementation review). Identifying what good look looks like as the program continues to evolve and develop and developing hypotheses for what needs refinement.
Through strong partnerships with the Business Teams you will provide high quality financial insights and rigour to support our decisions and will play a pivotal role in the delivery of the strategy in a complex, agile & real-life market.
- CA / CPA Qualification desirable
- Experience within a Retail / FMCG industry with a customer mindset
- Experience driving strategy with examples of where you have successfully helped to develop and optimise business initiatives.
- Strong communication skills - Be able to articulate in a simple way key concepts of incrementality, slippage in the capital program, forecast capital in year and carry overs etc. to wide and various audiences.
- Leadership skills: proven leader of people and teams
- Have a demonstrable appreciation for qualitative customer and social objectives including VOC and sustainability targets to be able to understand and support a balanced outcome between the financial and non financial.
- Have an appreciation for new sustainable technologies and facilities management best practices and how these might shape the future of the customer, store and team
- Highly developed written and verbal presentation skills with the ability to synthesise different sources of data into compelling reports and recommendations.
- Ability to rapidly learn and adjust to new concepts, ways of working and technology
- Experience in developing and delivering business cases that clearly describe strategy and objectives to stakeholders and senior leadership
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
Woolworths Group is backed by some of Australia’s most recognisable retail businesses, there are always new opportunities on the horizon for all our team members, but most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion are important to us, and we work to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce that’s reflective of the communities we’re in.
Learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI