As one of the Australia’s largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod’s recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage an APS6 Accounting Officer on a contract for 6 Months, with potential extensions of 6 months.
An experienced APS 6 to backfill an emerging vacancy in the Asset Validations Team within the Asset Management Section for at least 6 months.
The Asset Validations Team coordinates analyses and processes responses and advice regarding annual asset validation activities (stocktake, impairment assessments and external valuations).
The Validations Team is comprised of several individuals and led by a manager (EL1). Members of the team together coordinate the annual asset validation activities, review responses received regarding those activities, perform quality assurance activities over asset data, respond to stakeholder queries, contribute to asset accounting/management policy and advice, draft communications/ correspondence and support the other parts of the Asset Management Section to deliver solid asset reporting for financial statements and internal usage and support asset management across the Department.
- The successful candidate will be required to have a Baseline clearance.
- Relevant financial management experience (at least 4 years), preferably in accounting or asset reporting roles
- Well-developed communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver quality work within agreed timeframes; and
- Proficiency in the use of Word, SAP (or a similar large financial system), Excel and Business Intelligence (or similar) reporting suites.
- Specified personnel that require access to the Departments’ premises / system networks, or for specified projects must be willing to obtain and maintain an Employment Suitability Clearance.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting “Apply for this job”. Alternatively you can call Soham Dingare on 02 6268 9949 or email Soham.Dingare@chandlermacleod.com for further discussion.