You will be responsible for managing the General Ledger Control Team in relation to operational accounting, general ledger management, accounting policy and ensuring a strong control environment.
The role supports the Head of Financial Control with the end-to-end implementation and improvement of business processes and creating a best practice Financial Control function. You will work collaboratively with the wider Finance team, other support functions and the business to drive operational excellence across the organisation.
What are you going to do? You will
- Manage all aspects of the accounting process by ensuring financial controls, internal controls, processes and procedures are in place and effective through periodic reviews.
- Coordinate with offshore financial control team members to ensure journals, reconciliations and other process are performed on time and to a high standard.
- Coordinate SOX404 and key control testing, aligning to best practice standards, including assisting process owners with design of controls.
- Develop, implement and maintain an Operational Risk Framework through strong internal control processes and a challenging mindset.
- Be the leader to implement a culture of process improvement, high performance, and collaboration including developing team members to achieve their potential.
What are we looking for? Someone who has
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant
- Strong technical and operational accounting knowledge
- 7-10 years’ experience in financial services with minimum 5 years in Finance
- 3+ years leading and managing teams
- Sarbanes Oxley 404 and / or control testing experience
- Sound knowledge of the financial services industry and regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical, time management, problem solving skills along with exceptional stakeholder management
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile – for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you’re joining a team where individuality isn’t just accepted, it’s encouraged. We’ve built a culture that’s fun, friendly and supportive – it’s the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We’re here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there’s plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you’ve never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply – likewise if you’re an indigenous Australian, or you’re living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you’d feel at home? We’d love to hear from you.