- Are you a highly motivated, experienced Finance Advisor looking for a new challenge?
- Can you manage accurate and compliant financial records for a Program?
- Join our Finance team today and work closely with Management in a supportive team!
CSIRO are looking to appoint two experienced Finance Advisors to provide key Financial Management advice to CSIRO Programs. These roles are accountable for all aspects of the Financial Management service catalogue that is relevant to a Program. The successful candidates will work closely with the Business Unit (BU) level Financial Management and relevant Corporate Financial Management roles to ensure accurate and compliant financial records for the Program. It is possible the role will cover multiple Programs.
CSIRO are pleased to be able to offer flexible working locations for both positions. There is an indefinite/ongoing position available as well as a 12 month contract which can be completed in either Melbourne, Canberra or Perth.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Ensure accurate and compliant financial records for the Program or Business Areas.
- Assist Finance Manager and Financial Performance and Strategy Co-ordinator with the budget process.
- Assist the Financial Performance and Strategy Co-ordinator with identification of financial risks and remediation options.
- As required provide assistance to the Project Assurance, Training and Improvement Coordinator to improve the quality assurance of O2D and the knowledge of project leaders of O2D.
- Provide advice to Project/Program leaders on O2D, opportunity formation, business cases, project planning, project performance and project closures.
- Ensure all relevant deadlines are met for the Program in relation to Financial Management deliverables.
Location: Various (Melbourne, Canberra or Perth)
Salary: $78K - $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 positions available; Specified Term – 12 Months and Indefinite/Ongoing
Reference: 44861 and 44862
Specifically you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting or Finance or relevant work experience in a financial environment.
- Knowledge and experience of CSIRO systems and processes to enable stakeholders to achieve their responsibilities around project management, accountability and compliance.
- Knowledge and experience in project and/or management accounting and reporting, including the extraction and reporting of information using Microsoft Office suite of programs and CSIRO systems.
- Ability to develop and communicate strategic financial management advice as a trusted advisor to business partners, prioritising high volume work and service delivery
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter providing enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 20th of August 2017
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.