- Are you a highly motivated and experienced Payroll professional?
- Are you confident in interpreting HR policies, EBA's and LSL Calculations?
- Don't miss this opportunity to work with the HR Services Team at CSIRO!
We are seeking to appoint experienced and professional Payroll Officers who will work as part of our HR Services team. Tasks may range from routine payroll processing, to those involving a higher degree of complexity and the provision of quality advice and service to CSIRO staff.
Knowledge and experience of SAP would be advantageous to securing this role.
You will be responsible for
- Undertaking a range of general payroll processing functions to establish and/or maintain accurate employee records
- Working with business units and individual employees to process salaries and entitlements
- Assessing payment and leave entitlements against eligibility criteria in line with legislation and policy and CSIRO’s Enterprise Agreement
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of payroll related legislation, procedures and processes
- Investigating and calculating over payments, cessations and Commonwealth Superannuation
- Checking payroll processing to ensure accuracy and compliance with audit requirements, investigate & resolve errors
- Providing advice and assistance to managers and employees
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $59k to AU $75k plus up to 15.4% superannuation*
Tenure: Specified Term 12 Months (multiple positions available)
*Please note, there will be a 3% salary increase effective from the 24th of August
To be eligible for this position, you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in payroll processing and the interpretation, application and provision of sound practical advice relating to conditions of service to staff at all levels
- Effective communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to relate to staff and external providers, at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in, and contribute to, a team environment
- Effective organisational and time management skills with the flexibility to manage a range of concurrent tasks with conflicting deadlines
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only that includes both your cover letter and CV/Resume, ensuring that you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability for this role. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 20th August 2017.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.