- Provide high quality service and support to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure efficiency in the areas of Portfolio Management, Fleet Management and Engineering Workshops
- Establish/maintain key relationships including Business Unit Directors and Regional Operations Managers
The Executive Manager, Portfolio Services ensures the provision of high quality service and support to both internal and external stakeholders in the areas of Portfolio Management, Fleet Management and Engineering Workshops so that resources are optimised in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.
The Executive Manager, Portfolio Services will have carriage of the activities pertaining to the management of CSIRO’s portfolio (leasing, payment / invoicing coordinating, estate management, heritage, reporting data) as well as oversight of the development of a Property Management System. The role will also have oversight of the Workshops, facilitating the opportunity for consistencies of organisational wide service provision and leverage on economies of scale of machinery and expertise, and Fleet ensuring the team works closely with staff on sites.
Key relationships would be – BU Directors, Regional Operations Managers (ROMs) and the Finance Business Unit. Within the CSIRO Business & Infrastructure Services (CBIS) Business Unit, their critical relationships are with the CBIS Executive Managers Regions, the staff and science groups, State Managers of CBIS and Managers within Portfolio Planning, Projects & Sustainability (PPPS).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of the Portfolio management activities will include estate/asset and lease management, payment coordination, heritage, legal & environment, reporting data and system development and management.
- Efficient and effective fleet management.
- Providing guidance and high level support to ensure workshop services are customer focused and viable, leveraging on economies of scale of machinery and expertise within workshop team.
- With the input of each manager, setting appropriate budgets for the group, and having a general oversight of the budget, talent and capability management within a team (include workforce planning and succession planning).
- Effective contribution to the CBIS leadership team.
Location: NSW, VIC or ACT preferred
Salary: $131k to $145k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in business or engineering and/or other relevant tertiary qualifications or experience working with a complex and diverse portfolio within a public sector organisation.
- Strong leadership and business acumen with the ability to set customer expectations, drive and deliver on hard line outcomes through managers and teams often within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and strategically with a high level of judgment and problem solving skills, particularly through ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience in change management, leading projects and fostering a culture committed to adaptability, diversity and inclusion, and customer centric compliance.
- A proven track record of developing, maintaining and motivating high performance teams; building functional capability through personal development and succession planning; implementing training, coaching, mentoring and relevant development strategies within the broader team.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
How to Apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your interest in the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59 PM AEST, 16 April 2018