- Do you have high level data gathering and analytical skills?
- Are you a creative and innovative thinker?
- Support the development and implementation of CSIRO's rolling strategy
CSIRO’s vision is to be Australia’s innovation catalyst, boosting the country’s innovation performance and creating value for our customers that makes a positive difference to our nation. The focus is on Australia’s future and cultivating a competitive edge for participation in global industry.
The Strategy and Market Analyst will support the development and implementation of CSIRO's rolling strategy by providing evidence-based insights on CSIRO’s internal and external environments, in particular market, government and other opportunities.
Success in the role will require efficiently gathering and analysing relevant data and, collaborating with a range of stakeholders with an objective to inform strategy and investment decision-making processes.
The role will also provide close support to the Enterprise Planning Manager, to ensure framing, scoping, developing and solving strategic problems through structured, innovative and customer-focused problem-solving techniques, whilst thinking creatively and innovatively. The role will also support the build, co-ordination and management of working groups and ensure collaborative achievement of desired objectives and, finally reporting progress and outcomes through Corporate Plan and Annual Report.
Your duties will include:
- Conducting environmental and market research and analysis using highly efficient data gathering and analytical skills to provide insight into decision-making, development of new initiatives and to solve complex issues of national significance.
- Scoping and delivering high quality reports, presentations, submissions and other written material and verbal addresses.
- Working with multiple stakeholders and managing individual projects to deliver on functional objectives and capitalise on opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Facilitating workshops, meetings and discussion and communicating effectively and respectfully with all staff, customers and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO's reputation.
Location: Clayton (Victoria), Pullenvale (Brisbane) or Black Mountain (Canberra)
Salary: $95k to $103k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 years
Ref no: 57956
To be successful you will have:
- A degree in a relevant discipline such as Science, Engineering, International Business or Relations, Economics, Finance or related fields and either:
- A postgraduate degree in Business (i.e. MBA or equivalent), innovation or related field; or
- Professional experience in strategy development in industry, government, science or innovation related activities.
- Proven experience with rapidly sourcing, evaluating, synthesising and analysing a broad range of business, technical, policy and economic data.
- Demonstrated innovative thinking skills and the ability to develop framework and strategies in line with organisational needs.
- Demonstrated experience encompassing strategic project planning, implementation and problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience building strategic relationships and collaborations with key stakeholders.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Applications Close: 10:59pm AEST, 19 August 2018