- Do you have strong market research and analysis skills?
- Apply your skills in a dynamic role within a supportive team.
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO is seeking to appoint a Research Consultant within CSIRO Futures business unit. The Research Consultant will play a key role in delivering market research, analysis and consultation assistance. Typical projects will focus on understanding the opportunities and challenges presented by major economic, environmental, social, and technological trends and how science, technology and innovation can assist in unlocking these opportunities.The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated team player with strong market research and analysis skills, as well as excellent communication and report writing skills.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing CSIRO’s market profile by coordinating and providing input to the development of reports.
- Quickly gathering, understanding, analysing and synthesising large amounts of information from disparate sources into logical, robust quantitative and qualitative insights and conclusions.
- Planning and extracting information from client and industry workshops and interviews.
- Providing detailed and accurate reports/presentations based on solid quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Succinctly and professionally communicating complex business and/or technical concepts to client stakeholders.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU $82K – AU $93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- Undergraduate qualifications in business, finance, economics, science, or engineering discipline or a related field that includes a significant analytical component.
- The ability to gather, evaluate, analyse and synthesise a broad range of information to develop robust, quantitative insights and input into strategic decision making.
- Experience in generating professional quality client-facing written reports and deliverables that clearly communicate analysis and key insights.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more CSIRO Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV and cover letter (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, 31st Oct 2018