- Develop your economic consulting experience in this key role
- Apply your interest in science and technology
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
is CSIRO’s strategic advisory arm and a trusted advisor to external private and public sector organisations. We bring together science, technology and economics and provide objective, robust and high-quality analysis, insights and advice to inform our clients’ investment in science and technology. We sit at the interface between science and industry and work closely with CSIRO’s researchers across the food and agriculture, health and energy sectors, where we help senior decision-makers develop evidence-based investment strategies.
We are seeking an Economic Consultant to play a key role in delivering economic research, analysis and consultation assistance. In this role, your projects will typically focus on understanding science and technology-enabled opportunities in a particular industry and applying economic tools to quantify the economic impact or market size of emerging and existing technologies and/or industries.
Your duties will include:
- Gathering, understanding, analysing and synthesising large amounts of information from disparate sources into logical, robust quantitative and qualitative insights and conclusions.
- Extracting information from client and industry workshops and interviews.
- Undertaking economic analysis of long-term trends and emerging technologies on the economy and key industries, with a focus on industry revenue and employment impacts.
- Communicating succinctly and professionally in the provision of rigorous economic analysis to senior decision-makers and peers within and outside of CSIRO, providing detailed and accurate information/reports based on robust and transparent evidence.
- Assisting with the creation of professional-quality client-facing project deliverables including presentations, written reports and other communications tools.
Location: Melbourne (Parkville or Clayton), VIC
Salary: AU$63k - AU$80k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A degree in Economics or another relevant discipline, as well as experience as an economic consultant in a consulting firm.
- Experience conducting cost-benefit analysis using ambiguous and complex quantitative and qualitative data to understand the impact of trends (e.g. emerging science and technology developments) on markets and key Australian economic indicators.
- To be able to apply economic analysis to support business strategy and investment decision making.
- Experience or interest in science and technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to generate professional-quality client-facing written reports that clearly communicate economic analysis and key insights to a senior executive-level audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills - the ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as identify and build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Wednesday 02 December 2020, 11:00pm AEDT