- Utilise your networking skills and commercial acumen to create funding opportunities
- Lead complex commercialisation transactions such as spinouts, start-ups and joint ventures on behalf of CSIRO
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
As the Commercialisation Account Manager for CSIRO’s Health & Biosecurity Business Unit, you will be responsible for identifying, building and managing strategic account relationships with funding partners; building new models for investor relations and funding sources for commercial transactions; and leveraging these relationships to optimise and increase funding available for the commercialisation of deep science which will contribute to the financial sustainability of CSIRO.
Your duties will include:
- Establish and utilise networks with organisations that are appropriate relevant investors for CSIRO, including, but not limited to, financial institutions, philanthropic organisations, investor communities, and other potential investor groups.
- Leverage these relationships to create additional funding opportunities for CSIRO in both commercialisation and technology incubation.
- Work collaboratively with the broader BD&C team and Business Units, build new models for investor relations and funding sources for commercial transactions and support the development of technologies to be more market ready.
- Develop deep relationships within CSIRO to ensure contemporary and relevant knowledge of deep science and demonstrate strong business acumen to identify relevant opportunities to source and utilise funding.
- Build and maintain effective external networks to ensure contemporary knowledge of industry and commercial opportunities.
- Support the other Commercialisation Managers to identify the optimum commercialisation path and financing strategy for a range of opportunities in Health & Biosecurity sector.
Location: Negotiable – Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Sydney
Salary: AU$136k - AU$150k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all essential criteria can be appointed.
- Tertiary qualifications such as a degree in Science or Engineering and post graduate business qualification and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Professional networks in the finance, venture capital, innovation and/or entrepreneurial community.
- Knowledge and/or experience in operating principles of start-ups or small businesses.
- Domain expertise in one or several relevant technology fields, such as nutrition and health, digital health delivery, managing invasive species and diseases, and biosecurity and risks.
- Demonstrated experience building deep relationships to deliver an organisational/commercial benefit leading to increased revenue and/or funding for further scientific research.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a large, complex organisation that delivers results and benefits to multiple areas of the organisation and/or enterprise wide.
- Broad knowledge across a range of scientific disciplines
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
You must be an Australian citizen, with successful candidate either holding a Baseline, Australian Government security clearance or having the ability and willingness to obtain and maintain one
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Tuesday 15 December, 11:00pm AEDT