Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our?vision towards reconciliation.
- Be a key player in the Economic Modelling team within CSIRO Energy
- Lead and facilitate collaborative research programs
- Create a dynamic career path in this exciting role
As the Techno-social Economic Lead you will initiate, develop, lead and promote CSIRO's research capability for the benefit of Australia's economy, society/community and/or environment through strategic partnerships with industry. Your primary responsibility will be the management and/or leadership of research, client relationships, staff and other resources.
You will provide scientific/research leadership, devise the research strategy, assume overall scientific responsibility for research, direct the work of others and interpret results. You will undertake the establishment and facilitation of multi-team and/or multi-organizational, collaborative research programs leading to the delivery of results to clients and report on and collaborate on the uptake of the research results. In addition, you will play a lead role in securing project funds through interactions with clients and prepare detailed research proposals and project reports.
Your duties will include:
- Taking into account social and economic factors and Government policy, analyse internal capabilities and use knowledge of the market to build on opportunities for ongoing work and generate new business.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships with clients to ensure that research is aligned with client and business unit needs.
- Representing the CSIRO's interests in external forums and negotiate with other organisations to develop collaborative projects.
- Undertaking media interviews on contentious issues when required.
- Through an understanding of client needs, promoting the value of research and creating the demand for CSIRO capability.
Location: Newcastle, NSW preferred, other locations considered
Salary: AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent experience in economic, social or physical sciences.
- A background in research, engineering, communication or other relevant field.
- Energy sector domain knowledge such as a general understanding of energy sources, technologies and common units and terms.
- A history of professional and respectful behaviours and attitudes in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, evidenced by high-level reporting, presentation and negotiation abilities, and the capacity to identify and influence critical stakeholders to gain support for complex proposals/ideas
For full details about this role please view the Position Description.
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa (sponsorship may be provided to eligible candidates).
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
23 January 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 23 Jan 2022
- AU$141,949 to AU$157,055 pa + up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Research & Development