Advisor, Finance, Projects
Yarra Trams (View other jobs from this organisation)
Advisor, Finance, Projects
About this job
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community. In September this year, the Victorian Government has awarded Keolis Downer the contract to run the Yarra Trams until at least 2024. This is an exciting time for the team at Yarra Trams as we begin delivery of our new franchise term.
In the next seven years we will continue to bring our international expertise to Melbourne to ensure we continue to deliver even better, safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting new challenges, Yarra Trams requires the services of an experienced Finance Advisor to ensure the integrity of the financials and provide timely and accurate financial information and advice to key internal stakeholders.
What the role entails
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Finance Advisor to provide financial services and advice to Directors, ensuring our functional areas are compliant with standards and processes. Reporting to the Principal Advisor, Finance, these roles involve:
- Undertaking month end tasks to ensure the integrity and accuracy of numbers for month end reports;
- Budgeting and forecasting to ensure both Function and company targets are achieved;
- Building effective long term relationships with supporting stakeholders to increase transparency and efficiency;
- Reviewing weekly departmental expenditure for any irregular transactions, and monitoring costing against budget;
- Providing financial support and general financial assistance to department management.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in these opportunities, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Business management;
- Membership to the Institute of Chartered Accountants, CPA Australia or their international equivalents, or studying towards your CA/CPA qualification;
- At least 4 years’ experience at an operational or corporate level in accounting;
- Experience in financial modelling and budgeting in complex multisite business;
- Proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships with key internal stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills and proven experience in explaining financial information to stakeholders;
- Strong excel and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in the use of accounting and asset management systems such as Great Plains, Maximo and Business Objects.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 25th February 2018
- Closing Date:
- 25 Feb 2018
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time