Oversee a payroll team processing a fortnightly payroll and work with management to drive and implement reform activities.
- Lead the team in providing authoritative and timely advice & recommendations on employment and remuneration issues.
- Lead, develop and motivate the team to deliver efficient and professional payroll services in a high output environment.
- Opportunity to contribute to a range of innovative and evidence-based HR initiatives to meet strategic and operational goals
Court Services Victoria (CSV) is an independent statutory body that provides administrative services and facilities to support Victorian courts and tribunals, the Judicial College of Victoria, and the Judicial Commission of Victoria.
Within CSV, Jurisdiction Services provides a range of specialist support services to jurisdictions, the Judicial College, and the Judicial Commission including information technology, human resources, finance, asset and facilities management, major projects and compliance.
People & Culture is a part of Jurisdiction Services and supports all Victorian courts by providing a range of corporate support functions. The People and Culture team works in partnership with the executive and leadership teams across CSV to build workforce capability to meet strategic and operational goals.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager HR Operations, this role is seen as a senior, Payroll adviser with a strong understanding of legislative and industrial frameworks. They will lead a team of 5 payroll officers in the delivery of the fortnightly payroll and help drive and implement reform activities that will improve the delivery of payroll services across CSV.
- The successful applicant will possess interpersonal skills, accuracy and analytical ability and a capacity to successfully navigate industrial matters.
- They will exhibit strong Subject matter expertise along with professional experience in human resource service delivery, payroll, remuneration packaging and taxation matters (including system knowledge/capability of Chris21)
- Demonstrate well established planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to develop, manage and motivate operational teams.by inspiring a sense of purpose and direction within work teams.
- Display a capability to build strong relationships with customers to understand service needs
How to apply
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now' button, ensuring you include the following documents in your application:
- a short covering letter
For further information on the position, please see the attached position description.
Applications close: Tuesday 11 December 2018
Court Services Victoria (CSV) is the employer of staff at all Victorian courts and tribunals, the Judicial College of Victoria, and the Judicial Commission of Victoria. CSV offers a wide range of legal and non-legal career options as well as attractive employee benefits.
CSV is committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We strongly encourage people of all abilities to apply, particularly people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and those who may experience diversity or disability related barriers in securing employment.