We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and the one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
We have a unique opportunity for a Corporate Tax Manager based in Parramatta and reporting to the Financial Controller. In this key role, you will partner with the business to act as the single internal tax specialist and key point of contact for internal stakeholders and external authorities for all tax matters.
Acting as a subject matter expert, you will provide the wider business with advice on all tax matters (including employment taxes, income tax, FBT, GST) and the proactive analysis of new or changed tax legislation. You will be accountable for the development of the organisation’s tax strategies, policies, systems & processes while putting safety first at all times.
You will bring:
- CA/CPA or Masters of Tax qualification
- Tertiary qualifications in Economics/Commerce/Accounting and/or Law
- Demonstrated experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and project management
- Demonstrated ability in managing direct relationships with key external tax authorities and advisors
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Detailed and current knowledge of Australian taxation laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in tax accounting and reporting
- A sound understanding of financial controls and systems
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking internal tax governance reviews and implementing tax risk management procedures
- Attractive remuneration package, including performance bonus
- A flexible, family friendly workplace
- Diverse and supportive team environment
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment check/s including a national police check and medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these check/s.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the attached Position Description. Queries may be directed to Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
WaterNSW is committed to the safety of employees and wider community, as such it is a condition of entry to all our assets, that only fully vaccinated people gain access. Applicants will need to meet this condition.
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below.
All applications must be submitted online. Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.