$106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Senior Business Partner, you will play a key role as the conduit between the Finance and Procurement Branch and the wider operations of the organisation delivering a range of high quality financial analysis, advice and support to assist management decision making.
A key priority of your role is to add value and insight through business partnering with managers and budget owners across the business. You will deliver accurate and timely financial information, prepare budget and forecast, and ensure Branches to have the necessary support and information to enable effective decision making. You will also play a part in developing the financial literacy and accountability of the Branch/s it supports.
Your role will be one of seven Finance Business Partner positions within the City of Melbourne; your role is instrumental in the transition to service delivery through business partnering and centralised financial service and will play a key role in initiating and supporting improvement and considerable change in the capacity of the business partner and a finance professional.
As a true business partner, you will collaborate to develop strong partnerships and create value through insightful analyses. You will communicate confidently with both finance and non-financial individuals alike.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Accounting or a related discipline and significant experience. CPA/CA qualified or working towards is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, financial analysis and financial reporting with the ability to exemplify financial management best practice
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills, particularly in the provision of professional financial advice and support to Managers and staff with limited financial training; as well as maintaining effective partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders
- Contemporary understanding of and experience working in the areas of business planning, performance measurement and improvement, risk management and benchmarking
- Sound analytical and conceptual thinking capability and ability to make recommendations to resolve issues
- High level organisational and time management skills and proven ability to work in a pressure sustained environment
- Highly developed computer proficiency, preferably in Microsoft Word, Excel and Financial Systems. Experience with Pathway and Tech One is highly desirable.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers, reference no. 14558.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page), outlining your experience as listed above under ‘You can bring...’
- respond to four application questions which will appear as part of the application form
Please address your covering letter to Julie Roberts, Senior Business Partner
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.