Fundraising Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Values-driven Organisation
- Fixed-term Contract
- Excellent Employee Benefits
Founded in 2001, the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is Australia’s largest human rights organisation providing support to people seeking asylum. We are an independent not-for-profit organisation whose programs support and empower people seeking asylum to maximise their own physical, mental and social well being. We champion the rights of people seeking asylum and mobilise a community of compassion to create lasting social and policy change.
We are a value-driven organisation that strives to be part of a change movement that supports people seeking asylum by providing critical services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services.
The ASRC movement is proudly supported by a community of committed volunteers and supporters who embrace the organisation’s vision that people seeking asylum can live safely, sustainably, independently and equally.
The human rights of people seeking asylum and refugees are at the foundation of all we do and the workforce makes it happen, doing the work to bring the vision and purpose to life.
Our organisational values are:
This position manages a group of fundraising experts to achieve yearly goals for individual giving fundraising and gradually boost revenue. It reports to the Head of Giving & Experience. The position will design and oversee the team's implementation of a multi-channel fundraising program to optimise revenue and supporter satisfaction.
The Fundraising Manager is responsible for appeal fundraising, gifts in wills, mid-value, regular and cash giving, community and event fundraising.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate and adaptable leader within the fundraising space. In addition to your relevant experience, you will possess the following skills and expertise:
- Experience in managing and leading a team of high performing staff through product design, campaign implementation, reporting and strategy management
- The ability to engage with a range of stakeholders to support organisational objectives
- Demonstrated experience in the successful planning and implementation of donor retention and acquisition strategies that meet budget requirements
- Strong digital fundraising capabilities and an understanding of digital best practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to develop and maintain relationships with people from all levels of business and community.
- Knowledge of the policy context of practice with asylum seekers visa categories/conditions, and the barriers faced by people seeking asylum in Australia
Joining the ASRC means being a part of the largest human rights organisation in Australia, supporting refugees and people seeking asylum. We recognise and appreciate our incredible staff for their contribution, dedication and passion to support and empower people seeking asylum by providing the following conditions above the relevant modern award:
- Flexible Working Arrangements, including the ability to work remotely
- Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Additional discretionary leave provisions including:
- Paid Pandemic Leave
- Leave due to Cultural or Religiously Significant Events
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Leave
- Leave for Staff Seeking Asylum
- Gender Affirmation Leave
- Free onsite car and bicycle parking
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 per year tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2,650 per year tax free)
- Discounts via HR systems provider at grocery and retail outlets
- Close proximity to public transport (100 metres from Footscray station and buses)
Please find the Position Description here to address the Selection Criteria:
Only applications that include a CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria, will be considered.
Please note that this position is open for consideration as a part-time role.
Applications close 11:59 pm Wednesday 22nd November 2023
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check, and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Nov 2023
- VIC - Footscray
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time