The Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) is the government agency responsible for providing improved and equitable financial outcomes for consumers, business and the community through application of bankruptcy and personal property securities laws, regulation of personal insolvency practitioners, and trustee services.
About the role
The Senior Applications Developer will actively engage with business and users to ensure application and support requirements are being met, and ensure strong working relationships are maintained. This role will also contribute to maturing AFSA’s Software Development Lifecycle and system support arrangements.
Your key priorities will include:
- Design, develop, test and deploy application solutions in Java, JDeveloper and Oracle forms/reports environment in accordance with corporate strategy, policy and approved project plans.
- Collaborate with other areas of ICT to provide consistent BAU support to the business.
- Contribute to and promote the continuous improvement, development and maintenance of initiatives, strategies, policies, manuals and guidelines relating to Applications Development with a high level of accuracy.
To achieve success in this role you will have:
- Over 5 years software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Proven ability to consult and interact purposefully with key internal/external stakeholders to facilitate working relationships necessary to achieve defined operational objectives.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF)
You will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment, and flexibility to balance work and personal life, and professional growth.
You will also have access to our corporate membership with the various Australian Public Service Programs for ongoing professional development, networking and knowledge sharing opportunities.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, peoples from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities. We value employee commitment and contribution and we provide a working environment that supports staff to reach their full potential.
AFSA actively promotes workplace flexibility, with various working options to support your family commitments and personal interests.
For more information and details on how to apply please follow the link to:
Applications Close Tuesday 20 August 2019