Senior Investigator - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) is responsible for managing the application of bankruptcy and personal property securities laws through the delivery of personal insolvency and trustee, regulation and enforcement and personal property securities services.
About Your Role
As a Senior Investigator you will undertake complex investigations and compliance activities, recommending appropriate courses of action to address and disrupt unlawful and unethical behaviour in accordance with relevant legislation.
You will engage with diverse stakeholders and work collaboratively with the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions to achieve agreed outcomes and play a lead role in educating members of the community on the role of AFSA and their rights under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009.
You will also actively facilitate innovation and process improvement activities to champion change across the division.
You will have:
- Experience in the planning and conduct of complex criminal investigations and an understanding of litigation proceedings including evidentiary and exhibit handling requirements.
- Experience preparing witness statements, conducting recorded investigative interviews and preparing briefs of evidence.
- Case management experience with the ability to achieve high quality outcomes through evidence based decision making.
- Experience supporting change in a digital environment.
- Knowledge and application of the Australian Government Investigation Standards (AGIS) (desirable).
This is an opportunity to be part of a high performing innovative team committed to delivering value to our clients and stakeholders to support sustainable financial outcomes within the Australian economy. You will have be encouraged to actively participate in learning and professional development through leadership networking and knowledge sharing opportunities.
AFSA values diversity and employee wellbeing, and fosters an environment where different perspectives and capabilities are recognised. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
You will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment and flexibility to balance work and personal life.
Applications close Tuesday, 4 August 2020
- Closing Date:
- 04 Aug 2020
- VIC - Melbourne
- $84,402 – $94,601 (plus 15.4% super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6