Chief Financial Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Boundary Bend Olives (View other jobs from this organisation)
Chief Financial Officer
A rare opportunity to join an award-winning, well-known Australian business expanding domestically and internationally. Boundary Bend Limited (Boundary Bend) is one of the leading vertically integrated olive oil business’ in the world, and it best know as the owner of Australian top selling olive oil brand, Cobram Estate.
- Permanent role located in the group’s head office in the Geelong region, with remote working flexibility
- Friendly and collaborative company culture
- Competitive salary package
Boundary Bend is searching for an experienced accounting and finance professional to lead the Australian accounting and finance team, as the Australian CFO. Reporting to the Group CFO and COO, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the accounting and finance function, as well as responsibility for consolidated reporting, assist with corporate finance projects and drive the business analytics.
The Company & Values
Boundary Bend is Australia’s largest olive farmer, producer and marketer of extra virgin olive oil. BBL’s world class olive groves, located in central and northern Victoria, are flagship groves in the Australian industry with over 2.2 million trees on over 6,100 hectares of pristine Australian farmland. Boundary Bend is the leading marketer of Australian extra virgin olive oil and is best known as the owner of Australia’s two top-selling home-grown olive oil brands, Cobram Estate and Red Island. Boundary Bend is also owners of Australia’s largest olive tree nursery and olive oil bottling, storage and laboratory facility; and innovators in all aspects of the “new world” olive industry. BBL has bought the values of the farm to the business – passion, honesty, hard-working, high-quality, teamwork, initiative and resilience.
Over the last 6 years, Boundary Bend has also expanded into the USA with the establishment of groves, an olive mill and branded sales in California. With an un-wavering focus on superior quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction through all facets of their business, BBL is one of the leading players in the modern olive industry. Visit www.boundarybend.com for more details.
The role will be based at BBL’s head office in Lara, however you may be required to spend time in the Southbank office on a weekly basis (1 day per week). Reporting to the Group CFO and COO your responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following activities:
- Manage the Australian accounting function, including Australian business reporting;
- Treasury management;
- Assist with the corporate finance function;
- Preparation of consolidated statutory accounts;
- Assist with acquisition and divestment projects;
- Manage the annual budget process, and medium-term business forecasting;
- Provide assistance and training to all members of the accounting and finance team;
- Special projects on an ad-hoc basis or as required by the Group CFO / COO.
Skills & Experience
The role will ideally suit someone who is looking to take the next step in their career into a CFO position or advance on an existing CFO position. The successful candidate will be commercially astute with an ability to apply a positive and contagious enthusiasm with a willingness to perform a variety of duties coupled with the following experience and attributes:
- CA qualified or equivalent, with a minimum 8 years’ post CA qualification experience;
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills and excellent commercial acumen;
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to lead great teams, collaborate effectively and develop good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to professionally deal with a variety of people;
- Technologically savvy with advanced skills in MS Office including advanced knowledge of formulas and financial modelling;
- Superior attention to detail, organisational skills, and capabilities in terms of prioritising work and meeting deadlines;
- A self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm and drive who anticipates and solves problems;
- Ability to travel to different work sites as/when required.
To attract the best candidates, BBL is offering a competitive remuneration package and the chance to be a part of an award-winning, well-resourced and innovative business. Although based in our Lara head office, the role will offer the flexibility of some remote working. If you are passionate about what you do and looking to make an impact in a stable company - this could be your next role!
How to Apply
Please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter addressing the following key points:
- Your background and interests/qualifications – making you the right candidate for this role
- Something unique about your background and experience that you would bring to this role and the BBL team
Applications close on 26 October 2020.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Oct 2020
- VIC - Lara
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Chief Financial Officer