- Competitive fixed annual remuneration package
- Canberra location
- Rare and exciting leadership opportunity
ActewAGL Distribution owns the electricity network in the ACT and the gas network in the ACT and some surrounding regions (including Nowra), operating under the business name “Evoenergy”.
Our Retail business provides competitive electricity and gas services, and as the world continually changes, we’re exploring innovative energy solutions to help our customers to take control of their needs.
We also provide corporate services and support to the ActewAGL group of businesses and Icon Water. For more than 100 years ActewAGL and its predecessors have been an active part of the community.
As the General Manager Economic Regulation, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will lead and manage the energy economic regulatory functions for ActewAGL. The role also provides services to Icon Water including the coordination and management of water and wastewater economic regulatory functions.
This role is integral to ensuring ActewAGL maintains strong networks with its regulators by building, maintaining and effectively leveraging strategic relationships and partnerships across government and industry stakeholders. Through the development of strategies, frameworks and regulatory advice, the role will lead regulatory best practice and support the business on the management of our economic regulatory obligations.
Your unparalleled leadership skills will allow you to thrive in a constantly evolving environment to manage a high performing team.
- As a member of the Executive team, participate in the overall business strategic planning process, ensuring that the contribution of Economic Regulation supports the achievement of business objectives
- Lead the preparation of regulatory submissions to the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) and Independent Competition and Regulatory Commission (ICRC)
- Lead the preparation of regulatory price reviews and submissions
- Provide leadership to the Economic Regulation group, whilst promoting a positive safety culture
- Actively manage the relationship between ActewAGL and its regulators
- Monitor the regulatory environment, and in particular government policy, in which ActewAGL operates and provide advice and guidance to the CEO and the ActewAGL Board on changes and developments
What you will need to have to be successful:
- Tertiary qualifications in either Economics, Law, Finance, Commerce or other relevant field
- Executive experience in economic regulation, governance and risk management in a utility, industry association, local or federal government environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and operate in a complex environment
- Highly developed relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Strong leadership skills with the capacity to create and maintain an engaged team
About the application process
To apply, log on to our recruitment portal and submit your resume and a maximum two-page cover letter outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role. In your cover letter tell us about your interest in working with us at ActewAGL and address the ‘what you will have’ statements.
Do you have questions about the role? Would you like to learn more?
You can contact Kirsty Spence, Group Manager Recruitment on (02) 6270 7563.
Applications will close Sunday 26 July 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Thinking about the move to Canberra...
Canberra is the capital of the ACT. It has a population of 400,000 and is a modern city with a cosmopolitan feel. It offers all the city services and lifestyle amenities of a world-class capital, as well as being settled beside the alpine mountains and southeast coast which makes it an outstanding location for adventure.
Canberra is well-known for a great food and wine scene, is very family-friendly with progressive education, health care, clean environment, and is home to some of Australia’s best roads and bike paths. It’s a safe, relaxed place to live.