Payroll Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Queensland Rail (View other jobs from this organisation)
Our purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting community through a modern, world-class rail service.
We encourage a safe, innovative, and inclusive environment where you can deliver quality service while expanding your career and achieving your professional goals. If you thrive in an environment where motivation, teamwork, and forward thinking are paramount, then a career with Queensland Rail could be the right step for you!
About the role
With a strong focus on excellence, the Payroll Team delivers world-class payroll services to more than 7,500 employees across 7 enterprise agreements.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Payroll Officer (AS4) who thrives on solving complex problems in a high volume, complex pay processing environment to join our team.
To be successful this role, you must be self-starter with the ability able to multi-task in a busy environment. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to progress his/her career.
REMUNERATION: This is a permanent, fulltime position, based in Brisbane CBD with a starting base salary of $98,838 plus 12.75% superannuation and hybrid work options to support the balance between work and personal commitments.
Please see position description for a full list of responsibilities: Payroll Officer
What we're looking for:
- Previous payroll experience using finance/HR systems, especially SAP and SuccesFactors.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply knowledge of Queensland Rail's enterprise agreements and applicable policies.
- High level communication skills (written and verbal).
- High level analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Lifestyle & Work Benefits at Queensland Rail:
- Four weeks annual leave, as well as other leaves and flexible working opportunities to help balance between work and personal commitments.
- Free travel to-and-from work, as well as access to discounted and/or free rail travel for off-duty travel on the City or long-distance travel networks.
- Access to QR's competitive Employee Benefits + 1 Team Values, Diverse and Inclusive working environment.
- Employee Assistance Program providing employees with holistic and contemporary health and wellbeing programs.
- Professional and leadership development opportunities and ongoing support to develop your experience and skills.
- Access to Fitness Passport - a discounted workplace health and fitness program giving you and your family unparalleled access to a wide range of gyms and pools throughout the state.
- We pride ourselves on our Safety Culture, we ‘work safe' so that everyone goes ‘home safe'.
How to Apply:
Click the "Apply" button to submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria) by the deadline: 11:59 PM (AEST) on Tuesday, 13th February 2024. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to provide references and/or complete pre-employment tests, health assessments, and background checks (which may include criminal history and credit checks). External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
Queensland Rail embraces and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Judy with your specific enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Feb 2024
- QLD - Brisbane
- base salary of $98,838 plus 12.75% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time