Finance Business Partner - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW Ambulance (View other jobs from this organisation)
Finance Business Partner
Position Classification: Health Mgr Lvl 2
Remuneration: $106,142 per annum - $125,241 per annum + super and annual leave loading
Location: Gladesville Hospital with relocation to the State Operations Centre, Sydney Olympic Park in 2024
Closing Date: 25 February 2024
NSW Ambulance is an integral part of the NSW Health system that must work together seamlessly to deliver services to the community of NSW. We take a values-based leadership approach putting our people at the centre of everything we do, striving to deliver our mission of Excellence in Care through our CORE Values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner, the Finance Business Partner is responsible for developing strong partnerships with the senior management and the management of the designated portfolio to bring key financial and commercial insights to the decision making process on financial matters of the respective portfolio. Please refer to the Role Description and Position Conditions and General Info for further information.
There are two (2) permanent full time positions available. The roles will be based in Gladesville and will relocate to the new State Operations Centre in Sydney Olympic Park.
OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE (for eligible employees)
Besides your salary, you’ll also have access to:
- A range of leave to support you with your needs out of work including generous paid parental leave, carers leave and more
- Allocated Days Off (ADO) once a month take a paid day off (eligible full-time employees)
- Additional Public Holiday
- Opportunities for extra tax savings through salary packaging
- Novated leasing, lease a car and pay for all running costs out of your pre-taxed salary (eligible fulltime employees)
- Extensive staff support programs available to all staff and families – free confidential and professional assistance for staff and their families
- Fitness passport, and medic-fit gyms at most locations – discounted gym membership that both you and your family can enjoy (eligible employees)
- Health coaching service available to all staff providing individualised support
- Discounted private health insurance
- Career development and growth opportunities
To be successful in this role, you will require the following experience and attributes:
- Relevant accounting tertiary qualifications, and CA/CPA qualifications (or working towards these qualifications).
- Strong skills and experience in management accounting, budgeting, forecasting and analysis within a large and complex organisation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong track record of achievement with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated Business Partnering experience.
- Ability to draw key insights from large data sets.
- An understanding of rostering for 24/7 operations and employee entitlements.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong excel skills and knowledge of Power BI, Word, Power Point, Oracle, Smart View and the ability to learn new systems as required.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the role for you, please attach a resume as well as providing answers to the 2 pre-screening questions below (max 4000 characters including spaces) - we look forward to hearing from you!
Question 1: As a Finance Business Partner, we are working with clinicians who may or may not be financially literate. How would you communicate the financial position of the organisation effectively to senior management and stakeholders with a focus to inform impacts of operational decisions, persuade and negotiate?
Question 2: Describe an example of where you have used your skills & experience in performing financial and business critical analysis and providing coherent insights and recommendations to stakeholders on business issues. What was the outcome?
To discuss the position and role description more before you formally apply, confidential enquiries can be made to Harry Abeyasinghe on:
Please note: To be eligible for Permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
Click here for information about eligibility lists and Recruitment Pool use
Click here for information on our Diversity and Inclusion Statement and COVID-19
- Closing Date:
- 25 Feb 2024
- NSW - Gladesville
- $106,142 per annum - $125,241 per annum + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time